Thursday, August 23, 2012
Announcing FastForward's 6th Annual Ironman Program for 2013...
After five successful and super fun training seasons helping over 100 athletes to reach their Ironman dreams, we are happy to continue the tradition next year at IM MOO in Madison, Wisconsin on September 8th, 2013!
FastForward athletes had an awesome experience with this race in 2008, and we are excited to return again this year! Our coaches feel strongly that the very best time of year for Ironman is late summer, which best suits our Colorado weather and optimal outdoor training season (March - September). Earlier races require too much indoor training and/or unpleasant outdoor sessions, and fall Ironman races also risk foul weather for key sessions, plus possible burn out from too long a tri season.
Race Registration will be ON YOUR OWN, and will sell out... likely the day (hour) they open online, so you will need to have computer access on Monday morning, September 10th in order to sign up. An official F4 hotel will be designated, and will require individual registration as soon as it becomes available.
Team Training- By selecting one official goal race the F4 IM Team will be able to training together throughout the season, including a number of practice races and road trips along the way, as well as provide race weekend support in Madison. It is a unique and highly valuable benefit to be able to train for Ironman with the support of your teammates, and only FastForward offers this opportunity.
Training will run from January 9th - September 8th, 2013 with the first two month’s informal training focusing on swim/ bike/ run technique clinics, equipment, nutrition, and other fun low-key educational sessions before commencing formal training in March.
Detailed Training Info:
- Limited 20-person team of nearly all ability and experience levels.
- Experienced expert coaching for excellent e-mail and in-person attention and response time.
- Pre-season coaching guidance available as needed
- March through August: Unlimited attendance at all FastForward workouts and events.
- Wednesday evening dedicated IM Team workout with coaches
- Friday evening and Sunday 7 am Team Swim
- Weekly Open Water Swim Clinics (in season)
- Daily workout schedule posted online in 3 to 4-week blocks.
- Stocked Aid Stations at key workouts
- Weekend Team Workouts
- F4 IM Zones Calculator- Our ‘connect-the-dots’ tool for proper IM training and racing efforts.
- Unlimited coaching by e-mail, phone, and Team Message Board.
- Weekly Basic Schedule Overview:
- Tuesday- Spicy RUN
- Wednesday- a.m. or lunch swim, evening Team workout or TT (Spicy bike or run). Becomes LONG run in July/ August
- Thursday- Spicy RUN (becomes spicy bike in July/ August)
- Friday- a.m. or lunch Bike; evening swim
- Saturday- LONG Run (becomes optional open water swim and spicy run in July/ August)
- Sunday- 7 am Team swim, then LONG ride or brick
Join us on Wednesday, September 5th, 6 pm at All Sports Recovery in Boulder to learn more about the program, particpants, the race and any other questions you have.
- $150 deposit due immediately to reserve team spot (will be applied as your first month fee).
- $150 monthly Training Fee (February– September)