Monday, August 22, 2011
Announcing FastForward's 5th Annual Ironman Program for 2012
After four very successful training seasons of helping nearly 100 athletes to reach their Ironman dreams, we are happy to continue the tradition for 2012! Once again, a major challenge of Ironman is actually getting into the race, and for 2102 we are offering four chances to do so. FastForward feels strongly that the very best time of year for Ironman is late August or early September, which best suits our Colorado weather and optimal outdoor training season (March - September). Earlier races require too much indoors training and/or unpleasant outdoor sessions, and fall Ironman races also risk foul weather for key sessions, plus possible burn out from too long a tri season.
As such, we highly recommend Ironman Canada or Louisville on August 26th, 2012 OR Ironman Wisconsin or Rev3 (Half or Full) on September 9th, 2012. We are very familiar with all three of the IM event locations and courses and are excited to add the Rev3 event to our offering this year, as a number of F4 IM Alumni plan to participate in this exciting new event. Registration will be ON YOUR OWN, and will sell out... IM CAN and IM Wisconsin likely the day (hour) they open online, while IM LOU and Rev3 will allow you a bit more time to sign up traditionally.
Team Training- With only two weeks separating these goal races, the F4 IM Team will be able to training together throughout the season with only very minor divergence in August for a proper taper period. It is a unique and highly valuable benefit to be able to train for Ironman with the support of your teammates, and only FastForward offers this opportunity.
*Note- Those who plan to do other IM races in 2012 may join our regular F4 TRI training program in March or select private coaching through our PGC program.
Training will run from January 4th - September 9th, 2012 with the first two month’s informal training focusing on swim/ bike/ run technique clinics, equipment, nutrition, and other fun low-key educational sessions before commencing formal training in March.
Detailed Training Info:
- Limited 30-person team of nearly all ability and experience levels.
- Three expert coaches for a 10-1 ratio for excellent e-mail and in-person attention and response time.
- Pre-season coaching guidance available as needed
- March through August: Unlimited attendance at all FastForward workouts and events.
- Wednesday evening dedicated IM Team workout with coaches
- Friday evening and Sunday 7 am Team Swim
- Weekly Open Water Swim Clinics (in season)
- Daily workout schedule posted online in 3 to 4-week blocks.
- Stocked Aid Stations at key workouts
- Weekend Team Workouts
- F4 IM Zones Calculator- Our ‘connect-the-dots’ tool for proper IM training and racing efforts.
- Unlimited coaching by e-mail, phone, and Team Message Board.
- Weekly Basic Schedule Overview:
- Tuesday- Easy jog or spin
- Wednesday- a.m. or lunch swim, evening Team workout or TT (Spicy bike or run). Becomes LONG run in July/ August
- Thursday- Spicy run (becomes spicy bike in July/ August)
- Friday- a.m. or lunch Bike; evening swim
- Saturday- LONG Run (becomes optional open water swim and spicy run in July/ August)
- Sunday- 7 am Team swim, then LONG ride or brick
- $150 deposit due immediately to reserve team spot (will be applied as your first month fee).
- $150 month Training Fee (February– September)