Thursday, August 05, 2010
Announcing FastForward's 4th Annual Ironman Program for 2011
After three very successful training seasons of helping nearly 60 athletes to reach their Ironman dreams, we are happy to continue the tradition for 2011, with great news to solidify the program for years to come.
A primary goal going forward is to build a sustainable program that does not expose our participants to the fickle and frustrating race registration challenges that have long plagued those wishing to register for domestic Ironmans. Given the increasing popularity of these races over the past ten years, many have been shy to publish their registration procedures, and often either open very briefly for online registration or at times not even at all. While an individual may still have a decent chance of signing up for their choice of races a year in advance, paying a non-refundable fee of $575 + sizable processing charges, it is unlikely that an entire group or team will be able to count on doing the same year after year. Community Fund slots have been one way to gain entry once open registration has closed, however they cost $1150+, and eventually are sold out as well.
With these challenges in mind, I am happy to announce that we have partnered with Ironman Canada and will be providing our very own FastForward Team Community Fund program, with a lower fee and attractive payment and potential refund policy. The total cost of the 2011 F4 IM CAN Team Program will be $2250 and includes the race entry (portion tax deductible), 12-month program, clinics, comprehensive daily workout schedule, groundbreaking training methodologies, hands-on coaching at weekly workouts, F4 staff present at all key races, and incredible team camaraderie that far surpasses any other Ironman training option.
- $250 due immediately- Training Deposit to reserve team spot and cover pre-season coaching and clinics.
- $750 due October 6th, 2010- Reserves your race entry, and is the only method allowable for F4 Team participants. May be refundable for injury, illness, etc.
- $1200- Coaching fee payable as $300 due on January 1st, March 1st, May 1st, July 1st, 2011.
*Note- Those looking to join the program/ team to help prepare for Ironman Wisconsin or Louisville 2011 may secure their own race entry and pay the above fees less $750.
Sign up Now- Printed entry and pay by check is available if you prefer to avoid c.c. fees. Use 'Contact Us' button above to request a registration form.
Additional Training Info:
- 30-person team of nearly all ability and experience levels.
- Three coaches for a 10-1 ratio for excellent e-mail and in-person attention and response time.
- Monthly Clinics from October – March including; Nutrition, The Bike, Strength training, etc.
- Pre-season coaching guidance available as needed
- March through August: Unlimited attendance at all FastForward workouts and events.
- Wednesday evening dedicated IM Team workout with coaches
- Sunday 7 am Team Swim
- Daily workout schedule posted online in 4-week blocks.
- Stocked Aid Stations
- Optional Weekend Team Workouts
- F4 IM Zones Calculator- Our ‘connect-the-dots’ tool for proper IM training and racing efforts.
- Unlimited coaching by e-mail, phone, and Team Message Board.
- Weekly Basic Schedule Overview:
- Tuesday- Easy jog or spin
- Wednesday- a.m. or lunch swim, evening Team workout or TT (Spicy bike or run). Becomes LONG run in July/ August
- Thursday- Spicy run (becomes spicy bike in July/ August)
- Friday- a.m. or lunch Bike; evening swim
- Saturday- LONG Run (becomes optional open water swim and spicy run in July/ August)
- Sunday- 7 am Team swim, then LONG ride or brick